- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: For Two
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 140 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 5g
Pollo borracho translates to drunken chicken, so you might have figured this recipe contains some type of alcohol. A full-bodied, dark beer is the primary liquid when braising chicken for this dish. You’ll end up with a juicy, shredded chicken which perfectly accompanies tacos, burritos, salads, and more.
- Get that pan piping hot.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Set one tortilla in the pan. Set half the cheese and diced green peppers on it. Set the rest of the cheese on top and cover with the other tortilla.
- Push the tortilla down with your spatula. When the bottom of the tortilla is brown and crispy, carefully flip the tortilla.
- When the other side is crispy and everything in between is nice and gooey, take it out of the pan and onto a cutting board to cool.
- When the Quesadilla is cooled, cut into four pieces with a large sharp knife. You should hear the crispyness of the quesadilla.
- Mix a tablespoon of sour cream and chopped green onions together for dipping.