This recipe was created using FoodiePress – plugin included in Chow.It’s unique solution for creating and managing Recipe data in WordPress, allowing for advanced search by ingredients, customizable layouts and templates for recipe, print styles and many many features.
All recipes created with FoodiePress have support for Micoformats and Google Recipe View. Schema.org is a collaboration by Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo! to improve the web by creating a structured data markup schema supported by major search engines. On-page markup helps search engines understand the information on webpages and provide richer results, so you’re recipes will stand out among other search results.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 254
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Protein Content: 5g
This recipe is great for serving family-style: Put all of the ingredients out separately and let your guests top the corn however they wish. Street vendors across Mexico sell this style of roasted or grilled corn topped with chili powder, mayonnaise, and carry queso fresco or cotija cheese. Can be swapped with the Parmesan in this recipe.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil corn in the salted water for 5 minutes. Drain the corn.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a hot griddle pan. Let it get really hot.
- Lay your corn on the pan. Grab some tongs and let it sizzle on all sides until satisfyingly golden, with savoury dark bits.
- Season with freshly ground salt to taste and serve with bread